Tuesday, December 05, 2006

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND REMEMBER TOYS FOR TOTS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyF5J7au1jE

SONG FOR GRAND FUNK RAILROAD WHERE I ATTENDED THEIR CONCERT FOR TOYS FOR TOTS, WHILE IN HIGH SCHOOL. ENJOY, "I'M YOUR CAPTAIN," FROM SHEA STADIUM IN 1971.




My husband and I went shopping at WalMart to purchase gifts for the Toys for Tots, and delivered them to WMGT on Poplar Street. We purchased items for toddlers on up to teenagers. There are 5,000 toys requested in Middle Georgia, and probably two or three times as many needed because many people will not turn in a request.

The lady at the television station said Merry Christmas to me and my husband, and I said you too. I have been calling everyone under the sun to complain about them saying Happy Holidays on television. My husband told me that I did not tell this lady Merry Christmas, so I went back inside to tell her I was sorry for not saying Merry Christmas. I told her that I sure appreciate the fact that their television station is not politically correct. This is Christmas! Jesus us the reason for the season. If you can help out this Christmas, please remember the Toys for Tots program, and let the Marines know that we support their efforts. My first encounter with the program was in the seventies when I went to a Toys for Tots Concert in Louisville. It was great because for a toy, we got treated to Grand Funk Railroad. Hey don't laugh that was a good band "Riders on the Storm." No correction: That was the Doors; Grand Funk Railroad had a song "I'm Your Captain."

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: