Thursday, May 18, 2006

MY COMMENTS ON THE DA VINCI CODE

My fifth grade son has been discussing the movie with other children at school, and he has told me that the movie is just fiction. Now this is where I intervene with my child's development, when I tell him that the Holy Bible and the King James Version is our word of the Lord. I do not believe in the theory of well let your children see that which contradicts the Lord, and allow them to determine what is fiction and what is truth.

The truth is that Jesus says in John "I am I am" and goes on to tell his disciples that "I came to save the world." Jesus goes on to say that he is not of this world, which is the thesis behind I am I am. I am is God the father, and Jesus is the trinity and the Alpha and the Omega. Jesus is God the father, God the Son and the Holy Ghost. Jesus was born in this world, but not of this world for he was born a son to the Virgin Mary. The idea of the Dan Brown blasphemous novel, The Da Vinci Code, is to place doubt on the word of the Lord. The word of the Lord is not open to debate by we sinners of the world, and the Lord could if he desire return at any hour which is not known to any mortal being. If I plant the seed in my young son's mind that his faith begins with the Holy Bible then he will understand that more when he becomes a man than he could possibly grasp as a ten year old. Jesus wanted his young children to know him, and to understand his offer of grace and love to them. Jesus is sad to see his young children growing up in this evil world where the media gives free advertising to this movie that is directed by Ron Howard.

On the other hand, the media constantly attacked the Passion of the Christ that was directed and funded by Mel Gibson. The media warned that it was much too violent for young viewers, while at the same time never attacking the "Nightmare on Elm Street" movies or the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" movies. Oh it is just fine to take children to see bloody and gross horror movies, but when one chooses to to take their children to a very well produced depiction of the Passion then those that tell us Christians how to practice our religion and live our lives are told that this movie should have an R rating!

From what I understand Dan Brown the writer of the Da Vinci Code is a Jew, but this may be incorrect because I know that what one reads on the Internet is not always true. if this is a true fact, then it may be argued that he is being blasphemous against Christianity with a motive in mind. The Jews stand firm in their belief that Jesus is not their Messiah, and they are the ones in control of the media so it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that they are loving this propaganda against Christianity. Those that discuss the film in the media talk about the attack of the Catholic Church, but it is actually an attack on all sects of Christianity. It is no mystery that Jesus came down hard on the Jews that threw stones at him, and he told them that they were children of Satan. I am not making this up, you can read John in the New Testament. The controversy started in Jesus time, and it continues today. I will not see the movie nor will I take my child to see it, as it is up to me to help carry the cross of Christ and to lead by example. We have become luke warm in our faith because we have allowed the Anti-Christ to wittle away at our belief structure. As a Christian, I know that there is not a shred of luke warm belief that Jesus held to. Jesus is I am, and I am is the word. In Jesus Christ's name I pray that Christians will teach their children the word of the Holy Bible. Amen.

No comments: