Sunday, November 06, 2005

WAR-IS IT TIME TO BRING OUR TROOPS HOME?

Added by Beebee: This will probably be one of the last wars that the United States initiates, if we pull the soldiers out because of politics. Recruitment is down, and we no longer seem to have the cohesiveness of a United States of yesterday. Our brave soldiers deserve better, but how can we expect people that are caught up in materialism to understand just where their freedom is derived from. Our youth graduates from high school not knowing the words to our National Anthem, and without ever reading the Constitution. Many graduate from high schools without any allegiance to the United States, whatsoever. We need allies, of course, to fight a war, but we are our own worst enemies. A divided nation cannot win a war against terror, and the media is a war President's worst enemy. I am torn between being a patriot that supports the troops and the aching inside from feelings that keep me in turmoil and wondering: is this our war to fight?

"Can anything be more ridiculous than that a man has a right to kill me because he lives on the other side of the water, and because his ruler has quarrel with mine, although I have none with him? "
Blaise Pascal

1 comment:

KAT said...

BeeBee
I don't think it is time to bring the troops home. I think we need to boost our forces in the Gulf should we need to secure the Syrian border and perhaps initiate action against Syria or IraN.

Look up "Second Korean Conflict". It is interesting and has lessons relevant to today.

I am thinking that due to the Cold War we lack the resolve to act militarily. In Korea during the Sixties the Second Conflict had to be a contained one to avoid all-out war for some reason.

An aside; I am trying to look up local Democrat donors to generate a Kool-Aid Drinker's List for Macon. I have gone to two web sites but fear my list is incomplete. FEC's site is of minimal help.

KAT