Tuesday, July 25, 2006

JUSTIN RAIMONDO: I USED TO VISIT ANTIWAR.COM AND THINK THIS IS JUST THE LOONY LEFT WHEN I WAS MORE OR LESS BRAIN-WASHED





Justin Raimondo (born November 18, 1951) is a libertarian/paleoconservative author and the editorial director of the website Antiwar.com. He has been involved in a variety of political efforts from his base in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Background
During the 1960s, Raimondo took a brief interest in the philosophy of Ayn Rand before joining Young Americans for Freedom. In the 1970s, he became active in the Libertarian Party. With Eric Garris, he organized a "Radical Caucus", which brought Raimondo and Garris to the attention of the influential libertarian theorist Murray Rothbard. In 1983, after a schism in the party, Raimondo left the Libertarian Party and attempted to organize a libertarian faction in the Republican Party known as the Libertarian Republican Organizing Committee. After 1989, Raimondo again began working with Rothbard in the anti-war John Randolph Club.
[edit]

Recent activities
In the 1996 U.S. congressional elections Raimondo ran as a Republican candidate in California's 8th district against Nancy Pelosi. While championing conservative and libertarian causes in general the main emphasis of his campaign was his opposition to the deployment of U.S. troops in the Balkans and, in particular, Pelosi's vote to that effect. Raimondo received 13% of the vote while Pelosi got 85%. [1]
During the 1992, 1996, and 2000 presidential elections, Raimondo supported the campaigns of Pat Buchanan, both as a Republican and in the Reform Party. Being an openly gay man, his support of the social conservative Buchanan attracted considerable attention [2]. In 1995, during the Clinton administration's military interventions into the Bosnian war, Raimondo and Garris launched Antiwar.com to provide a platform for their opposition. The site has continued to publish regular columns. Raimondo has been a vocal critic of the invasion of Iraq and the ongoing occupation. In 2004, he supported Ralph Nader for President, and explained his reason for this in an article published in The American Conservative [3].


BY BEEBEE: There are many that will throw daggers at people for reading and listening to other points of view. I know because I was one of those people, and I thought well Fox News is reporting the war this way so it is the gospel. After waking from my stupor, I now know that all media outlets have an agenda. Some may say, I have an agenda, too. But for anyone following me as I wind down the path of more and more knowledge to be gained, they can attest to the fact that I have evolved from a follow the leader mentality to a view the world with great skepticsm blogger. I have had people throw slanders at me on a local blog, that Linda has David Duke as a link. Linda is therefore anti-semitic and a racist. Look what political correctness has created in this world. In the United States, we have the First Amendment and you would think that we were living under the iron thumb of the old Soviet Union. My faithful readers know that I love old 70s songs, and always have a lyric that I dig out of my memory bank. So here is a line from a lyric for the moment, "there ain't no good guys, there ain't no bad guys...its just you and me...and we got to get along." I think this is the way the song goes, but I will look it up later and the artist that made it a hit. That is supposed to be America, right? United we stand and divided we fall is in our very Pledge of allegiance, but those afraid to challenge the status quo and not fit in will destroy anyone that says anything those in CONTROL rules may not be debated or even read. Do you think that our founders meant for the United States to be this way? Open up your mind, and read different view points. You don't have to believe everything you read, but if you fail to learn on your own, then you become a mere puppet for the puppet masters.

No comments: