Monday, September 25, 2006

HOW DO PEOPLE GET BY WITHOUT JESUS IN THEIR LIVES?


I cannot imagine my life without Jesus in it, and I am in a state of bewilderment when I realize that so many people seem to push holiness aside for short-term gains in a material world. We listen to people in the media to get our information about the war in Iraq, and even people like Bill O'Reilly that says "the spin stops here" turns his nose up at the Pope when the head of the Catholic Church says that the war is unjust, and the Pope also spoke out against the bombing of Lebanon by Israel. Even thought the spin mister is a Catholic, he thinks he knows better than his Pope!

In every area of government, we have politicians that are in office because of one thing which is power. Power over legislation that garners more power to keep the politicians in a circle with the well connected, and enough money to have influence is what drives our political leaders. The cheerleaders for the two main parties overlook any corruption because both sides are equally corrupt, and all that matters today is whether or not we are on the winning team. I had a conversation a while back with an owner of a local sign company, when I had to have my sign rebuilt. We were discussing the end of times, and this business man is a Jehovah's Witness and I learned that they do not participate in politics. I learned that the Witnesses believe that politics is not of God, at all and it is best to stay disconnected. I can honestly say that they are most certainly correct.

There seem to be a few people that try to live by their religion as political leaders. But as soon as politicians become involved with lobbyist who are the rich and powerful with desires to influence legislation that brings more wealth their way is when religious faith takes a back burner to things that are not of God. After my eyes have been opened to this truth, I now realize that it makes little difference as to what party gets elected into office. The majority of people will go on living thinking that there is a diffence in the parties and listen to the definitions of liberal and conservative and tie them to the Democrats and the Republicans, respectively. We are a divided Country, and we are like a divided house that the Bible decribes through Jesus' words, when he says "a divided house will fall."

We are all guilty of putting up treasure for security, and the real security that we need to embrace is that which was given to us for free. I will try harder to realize that the only thing that really matters in the end is that the acceptance of Jesus as my Lord and Savior will be the only treasure that will last forever. Amen.

No comments: