Friday, September 29, 2006

A WOMAN'S PLACE IN SPREADING THE GOSPEL

16] But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;[17] And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God,I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:[18] And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: Acts 2:16-18 kjv


By Beebee aka Linda: As I have been defending Envangelical Christianity lately, I got to feeling that perhaps I was engaging in hypocrisy of the scriptures, by speaking out as a woman. I found the above scriptures that made me feel much more secure in my writing about my feelings of what the Holy Bible says to me. When I defend that the Holy Bible is clearly against homosexuality, then there are those that would accuse me of judging others, which of course is a sin. My answer is that I am not judging anyone, I am just saying that false doctrine is being preached by those churches that provide excuses to disobey the the divine will of the Lord. I lead people to read the scriptures. I found something interesting online about how to minister to homosexuals, but have forgotten the source and please forgive me for using someone else's work: the article talked about that it would be wrong to tell the person that they should give up their life style and find a member of the opposite sex to marry and have children. Instead, the article advised that the person should pray and seek God's help in abstaining from the homosexual practices, altogether and be content with living as a single person. This is a sound approach, in my opinion, for someone that sincerely wants to become a Christian and follow the Lord's will.

No comments: