Sunday, September 25, 2005

BIBB COUNTY REPUBLICAN PARTY PANDERS TO NON-CHRISTIANS TOO!

I was outraged when one of the leaders of the local Christian Coalition group in Bibb County told me that he was told that he could not address the Bibb County Republican Women's group because it would offend the Jews that were members. After the Republican Party being on a march to gain the votes of all Christians for so-called moral votes, I though how can this be? I then remembered a deafening silence that I received when I spoke to a small group of Republicans at the Willow on the Fifth (I hope this is the correct name of the restaurant), as I was running for office at that time. I talked about how I came to be in politics, and that I related it to a "Purpose Driven Life," and that I felt that we are destined by the Lord in all ways of our lives. We are guided by free will to either follow a righteous path or an evil path. I pointed to Cecil Staton, and said that we need more people that are people of the Christian faith to run for office. You could almost cut the ice in the room, as I had spoke of Christianity and I did not know that there were Jews in the room because I never identified people as being Jew or Christian. I did not seek to find out someone else's religous beliefs because I just practiced my faith, and tried to spread the message of Christ in hopes that people that have not yet accepted Christ would do so. But at the time, I did not realize this was the reason that I felt uncomfortable with what I had spoke of. Then, when I attended the Bibb County Republican Convention earlier this year, I noticed that Cecil Staton ended his prayer differently than he usually did by leaving out "in Christ's name we pray." Not until, this guy pointed out what I started off this writing with did I put the puzzle together.

We are not in a Red and Blue divide, we are at a war with our culture and who will control it. The Democrats have already sold out all that a party could ever stand for by trying to please this group and that group until they stand for nothing. And now, to gain each and every vote the Republican Party has plunged into this vast deep ocean of deceit and lies. The Republican Party is supposed to be about individual rights, which in my opinion gives each individual the right to free speech. We are at a crossroad in this Country, and just because 51% of the people voted for President Bush does not mean that these elected people that go from church to church trying to get the Christian vote are actually upright members in our society. There are many good and moral people that continue to vote Democrat that are Christians. There are religous Jews that split their votes, too.

We have gone down a slippery slope, and I must admit that I bought into it hook, line and sinker. We need to open our politics where other parties such as Libertarians can gain access to the ballot. I threw my knowledge about people that I had learned from business dealings right out the window, that when someone tells me "you can trust me I am a man of God." I had a business venture like this, when I wanted a signed contract from someone that I was going to form a partnership with, and this is what he told me. This guy was a crook, and often that is the case. I let my guard down with my belief structure, and got into the state of mind of the red/blue divide. Yes, we have some fine Republicans but least we forget that there are bad apples in every group. Let me just say that I am aware that there are many wolves in sheep clothing. This is all part of my peronal "purpose driven life," and I urge others to listen to what the Lord instructs you to do with your life. You see, running for office helped me to open my eyes to what is destroying the United States. The destruction is those that turn the nation away from God, and mock those that adhere to a righteous life. And by the way, I have the upmost respect for Cecil Staton, but I pray that in the future that he ends his prayers with something on the order of "In Christ's name we pray." And if a Jewish Rabbi addresses a group, I want them to have the freedom to end their prayer in what the Jewish religion commands.

We cannot allow the government to be our God! Separation between church and state does not mean separation from God, and closing the door on God in government. I agree with Franklin Graham, as he said that Christians should demand a seat in government. And this does not mean that we should walk in lock step with false prophets that are just in the church of what is happening now! I will end this with, In Christs name I write and pray. God Bless and Amen.

No comments: