Friday, September 16, 2005

THE MONEY TREE REPUBLICAN PHILOSOPHY


Last night, I was alarmed when President Bush talked more like a Democrat President than a Republican President. His speech was eloquent, and he is a President that I have the upmost respect for, but the big government spending has me worried. Yes, the tax credits with a "Gulf Opportunity Zone" would be great, but I agree with Joe Scarborough, former FL US Congressman, who said "I do not trust the Governor of Louisianna...or the Mayor of New Orleans to rearrange my sock drawer...let alone handle all of this money." What bothered me was the talk of releasing federal land in a lottery system for residents to build houses on with private mortgages or with charitable organizations like Habitat for Humanity. What about the poor white people that live in the Appalachians in government housing? Should they not get the same offer or the poor people that live in any area of the United States for that matter, and it is important to point out that of all of the people living in poverty that 75% of them are white. The federal government is setting up an oversight of the funds, but will no doubt run into roadblocks in Louisianna that adheres to a different code of laws and ethics than most states. THIS ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE CAREFUL OVERSIGHT TO SEE THAT AS LITTLE FUNDS AS POSSIBLE ARE WASTED. YEAH RIGHT!

No comments: